Asus 1000HR Eee PC Netbook review.
- 10 inch LED backlit WSVGA screen (1024×600)
- Intel ATOM N280 processor 1.66GHz
- 1GB DDR2 memory (expandable to 2GB, which I did)
- 160GB HDD built in plus 10GB Eee Online Storage
- Windows XP Home w/SP3
- 1.3 MP webcam
- Supposed 9.5 hour battery (Depends on Configuration)
- 3 USB, 1 SD card slot
- Weighs 3.2 lbs (with battery)
Ken Kirby of pcmodhouse.com for the article he wrote on
The page Ken wrote got the most unique hits between the 1st of May and 31st of May – He will now be the proud owner of some Corsair XMS DDR2 Memory which will be winging its way to him soon.
Big thanks for taking part Ken. Techsupport.me.uk have really enjoyed some of the entries that were submitted and have found the contest quite refreshing. What this space for similar competitions in the future. Thanks everyone!
If you have inserted a USB Stick or external HDD and its not there in the my computer as a drive then try the following.
- Open Control Panel and double click Administrative Tools
- Double click Computer Management
- Left click Disk management in the left hand task plane
- Use the lower right hand task plane to find the removable device
- Right click the removable disks space and select Change drive letter and Paths…
- Click Change and select a letter that is not in use
- Select a letter that is not in use
- Click Ok and click Yes to the warning (becarefull to only do this to drives that are not in use, dont do it to your windows drive!!)
- Now the drive will appear in My Computer
Alternativly you could try Acronis Disk Management to takle any other disk related problems
Thanks to Ewa Paszkiewicz for this Article
Would you like to win 2 gig of Corsair xms2 ram? Yes? Then read on…
Tech Support me is giving you the chance to win the following memory (Spec sheet)
Here’s what you have to do between now and April 30 2009 we need you to write a tech support article, technical how-to guide or harware/software review (see the main page for examples) which will be posted on our main site (credit will be given to you for writing the article). Click Here to enter
We wouldnt be a Tech Support site if we didnt have a list of Vista Tech Tip, Tweaks and Tricks we hope you enjoy this list!
< ?php digg_this_button(); ?>
1. Instant search
The Instant Search box is at the bottom of the Start menu. Read more…
Thats right, you can now access the main site using your mobile phone or PDA. Give it a try!
Enter www.techsupport.me.uk into your mobile and you will see a nice mobile browser low bandwidth firendly version of the site. To have a look now click the link in the navigation bar above.